The Stone Carving workshops are set up for those wanting to take time, to situate, learn and find pleasure in discovering ways of expression through stone carving.
Providing starting points, encouraging the development of ideas, knowledge, skills, visual awareness and creative potential.
Stone Carving Workshops for Beginners
23rd March and the 20th April 2019
- The Stone carving workshops will give you the opportunity to sculpt a small relief of your own design ( or by using one of my templates ) on a piece of Portland Stone.
- The course is suitable for ages 12+
- Tools and materials are supplied as well as protective safety glasses.
- Appropriate clothing to be worn (i.e. enclosed shoes)
- The stones vary in size but to give you a rough idea here are some sizes. 22 x 20cms, 18 x 22cms. If you have a design in mind and can print out different sizes that would be great.
- Coffee & Tea supplied.
- If you decide to use your own design please bring images/drawings.
The cost of the one day course is £85. To reserve a place or make an enquiry you can E-mail me. email@example.com or phone 07460467116
There is also a wide selection of tasty, locally sourced cakes and lunches available in the adjacent White Stones Art Café. All participants receive a 10% discount on food and drinks purchased in the Café.
Come and have a go. Let your creative side come out.
Sculptureis easy! You just carve down to the skin and stop! Michaelangelo.
Alongside the Studio are three ECO Artist retreats accommodating up to three adults each. If you would like to make the most of your time on the Jurassic Coast why not include an overnight stay.
Visit the White Stones web address for accommodation booking information.