Stone Carving Workshops for Beginners
John your tutor has over 30yrs experience as a sculptor and stonemason. Tutoring stone carving workshops for adults and children in England and France.
The workshops are set up for those wanting to take time, to situate, learn and find pleasure in discovering ways of expression through stone carving.
Stone Carving for Beginners at Glenthorne Weymouth
21st September 2019. 10.00-4.00 £ 85
- The stone carving courses will give you the opportunity to sculpt a small relief of your own design ( or by using one of my templates ) on a piece of Portland Stone.
- The course is suitable for ages 12+
- Tools and materials are supplied as well as protective safety glasses.
- Appropriate clothing to be worn (i.e. enclosed shoes)
- The stones vary in size but to give you a rough idea here are some sizes. 22 x 20cms, 18 x 22cms. If you have a design in mind and can print out different sizes that would be great.
- Coffee & Tea supplied.
- If you decide to use your own design please bring images/drawings.
e nsurethe quality of the Workshops, classes are limited to eight participants
Spent a day carving stone in this beautiful venue overlooking Portland Harbour.
Glenthorne. 15, Old Castle Road. Weymouth. Dorset. DT4 8QB
Day Workshop at Sculpture by the Lakes
5th October 10.30-4.30 2019
Only 3 places left.
.The cost of the one day course is £100 and includes a light lunch plus tea and/or coffee in the morning and afternoon.
To book a place, please contact the office at Sculpture by the Lakes in person, by telephone on 07720 637808, or by email at email@example.com For more details, you can visit our workshops page. WORKSHOPS.
Carving is easy, you just cut down to the skin and stop.Michaelangelo
“Having never done anything like this before, I was full of trepidation but John was great. I learned so much, I went from beginner to smug in just a few hours. John gave me the tools to create a satisfying carving. I would recommend this course to anyone. Thank you”.Pauline
“I did a workshop mid-June in Weymouth and really enjoyed it. The workstation was laid out well for easy usage. John was inspirational and very helpful as this was my first time. I brought home a piece of work that I’m very proud of and my wife loves. This course is definitely worth doing and is worthwhile”. Martin